Squids are interesting sea creatures, and can be a great one to get started on if you’re looking for some simple and easy ocean themed crafts for kids.
So here’s helping you with just that and more. Read on to discover the list of supplies & the step by step instructions to replicate this giant squid art project yourself, and teach your little one more about this amazing ocean animal.
I’ve also included some fun facts towards the end to help you make the most of it. Time to get started mommas!
Just like most other craft projects for kids, this squid art project needs you to have just a few basic craft supplies handy, and you’re pretty much ready to get started on it.
Supplies Needed For This Cartoon Squid Art Project
- Colored Stock Card
- Black Marker Pen
- Iodised salt
- Watercolor Paints
How to Make This Squid Craft For Kids
Begin by downloading and printing out your giant quid template. We went with purple and yellow squids but you may choose any color you wish to create this fun ocean creature.
Cut out and assemble the different parts to create you squid craft. Add the squid tentacles, eyes and head to create a super fun and easy squid craft.
You can make juts one squid for this fun ocean art project or you may make a whole number of giant or baby squid creations.
Once you’re done don’t forget to add these super cute squid to a background. Mount the squid body and completed craft to a ocean background or stick to a bulletin board in the classroom.
This is a super fun Ocean craft idea and one the children will enjoy. Perfect for extending a child’s interest in the ocean or for using in an under the sea unit study.
Don’t forget to download and print out the bubbles for the added effect and decorate your ocean watercolor background!
So what do you think? I think this Giant Squid is super cute and he came out really well. All we need to do is give him a name! I asked my daughter and she named him Simon, Simon the giant squid craft!
Enjoy this fun Ocean art project. Make as many giant squid as you like and have fun with the little ones Also check out all our other fun and easy ocean templates…you could create a fantastic Sealife board, there are so many fun sea creature crafts to choose from.
Download Your Free Giant Squid Template Here
And before you go ahead and download the actual printable, here are some fun facts about squids for your little one to learn more about.
- There are 350 different types of squid in the world.
- Some squids are so big, their eyes are the size of footballs.
- Squids are related to octopuses, but they have 10 arms instead of 8.
- They can live around the coast, or even deep in the ocean.
- Cut all of the bell peppers in half, lengthwise. Remove the stems, seeds, and white inner ribs. Rinse each half and dry with a paper towel.
- Crack 1 egg into each pepper half. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the water into the bottom of the Instant Pot and place the rack in the pot. Arrange the pepper halves on the rack and loosely cover the peppers with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Pressure cook on low for 4 minutes. When done, manually release the pressure.
- Using tongs, remove the peppers from the Instant Pot, sprinkle with cheese, and enjoy while hot.
As it goes with the Instant Pot, you may want to take into account the time for pressure to build up. Mine typically takes about 5-10 minutes, but I know it varies between models.