Here Is An Easy Grinch Party Food Idea – Grinch Themed Celery Sticks
Are you looking for fun and simple grinch food ideas? Then you’ve come to the right place. Today we have this super fun and easy Grinch Celery Sticks idea which I am sure you will love.
The Grinch is a family favourite and one story we enjoy reading during the Christmas season. This fun food idea can help extend your child’s interest in reading how the Grinch stole Christmas and is a healthy fun food idea for the little ones to try!
How To Wash Celery
Before eating celery you will need to wash it.
Celery leafs and stalks may have dirt and germs inside the folds and root ends. The best way to wash celery is to clean each individual stalk with your hands or a vegetable brush.
It’s easier to break the celery stalks apart in order to clean them. Run them under water as you wash your celery sticks. As the celery will last longer uncut, only cut the sticks if you are planning to use them all straight away.
Ingredients Needed For This Grinch Party Food Idea
- Guacamole (homemade or store bought)
- Yellow Candy Balls
- Black Decorating Gel
- Black Food Writer Pen Directions
How To Make Grinch Celery Sticks
Cut celery into 2-3 inch pieces. Save some of the celery leaves for the hair.
Spread the guacamole on each piece of celery and insert a celery leaf on the top.
With the black food writer pen, draw eyeballs on the yellow candy and place 2 eyes on each piece of celery.
Then, with the black decorating gel, draw on eyebrows, nose, and mouth.
Enjoy this fun healthy snack!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups Arborio rice (risotto)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 bell peppers (any color)
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional to garnish
- 1 ½ cups water
- Instant Pot
- Add butter and oil to the inner pot and turn on the saute mode. Add chopped onions and saute for 1-2 minutes before adding the mushrooms.
- Stir the mushrooms in and saute for another minute.
- Pour the rice into the inner pot and stir on saute mode for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the chicken stock a little at a time, scraping the bottom of the pot.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers, and remove the seeds. Arrange peppers in a pan that will fit in the inner pot.
- Pour water into the inner pot, and then add the trivet to the pot. Scoop risotto mixture into the peppers. It will have a lot of liquid in it. Add any extra mixture to additional peppers, to the pan the peppers are in, or to an extra pan. Lower the pan with the peppers into the Instant Pot with a sling.
- Set the pressure valve to sealing, and then set for a manual high-pressure time of 5 minutes.
- At the end of the cooking time, allow for a quick pressure release.
Prep Time- 10 minutes
Cooking Time- 10 minutes (5 saute & 5 high pressure)
Additional Time- 6 minutes to pressurize and 3-minute quick pressure release
More Grinch Ideas For Kids: