If you’re introducing your little one to ocean and sea life, and have settled on clownfish, here’s just the perfect thing for you.
I’ve got you a simple and easy clownfish craft idea to get started on with your toddler, pretty much anytime considering how simple and effortless it really is. Along with it, I’ve also included some fun facts about this fish that you can teach your little one too- making it a fun learning experience overall.
So read on and get started!
Ready to get started on this Finding Nemo fame clownfish craft? Here’s exactly what you’ll need.
Supplies Needed For This Ocean Animals Craft
- Colored Stock Card
- Black Marker Pen
- Iodised salt
- Watercolor Paints
How To Make A Clownfish Art Project
Download the free clownfish template.
Print the template using the paper colors found your clown fish template or use a color of your choosing.
Cut out the Nemo fish body, add white stripes and 2 eyes to create your clown fish craft. Assemble all you’re pieces together and glue to create a fantastic golden nugget clown fish.
Make a watercolor background for your ocean fish craft by painting a blue sea of water using blue watercolor paint. Next print out bubbles if you’re looking for an extra effect or simply draw on bubbles using a black marker pen.
This is a super cute clown fish craft idea and you can make just one clown fish or a whole school of fish. Make it into a Disney themed craft by create Nemo or print and assemble different colored fish for a ocean themed classroom display
This is a simple and easy kids clownfish art project and one that can be used during an under the sea ocean study or a fun preschool art project!
Download Your Free Clownfish Template Here
Fun Facts About Clownfish
Ready to get started on this fun clownfish craft idea? Here are a few interesting facts about this fish that you can introduce your little one to.
- There are around 30 different kinds of clownfish.
- The average life span of clownfish is 6-8 years.
- All clownfish are born male, but when the dominant female of the group dies, the largest male turns itself into a female.
- The smallest clownfish is around 10 cm only.
- Clownfish can lay upto 1000 eggs at a time.
- Clownfish live in small groups called a ‘school.’
And as promised, here’s a link to get you to download the free clownfish template.
If you loved any of these, don’t forget to share these with other moms that you know- it’ll help them a lot!
- Melt the green chocolate candy melts according to package directions.
- Dip the bugles and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle immediately with round sprinkles and add one star on the point of each bugle. Let Dry.
- Melt the Red and White candy melts according to package directions.
- Dip bugles in the red chocolate and lay on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Let those dry completely before moving on to the next step.
- Once those are dried, dip the bottom of the bugle in white chocolate and either add coconut or place a holly candy on the corner. Let Dry.
- Last, place one marshmallow on the point of each Santa hat bugle.