How to Create Your Own Disney Staycation
Who says you have to spend a lot of money or leave home to enjoy a Disney vacation? While Disney cruises and Disneyland are a ton of fun, sometimes you just can’t get away for something like that. Perhaps you’re still saving up money for a big trip, or your spouse cannot get time off work. Maybe your kids are not healthy enough for a long trip right now. Whatever the reason, you can create your own Disney staycation instead and it will be a blast.
Here are some ideas on how to do it:
- Recreate some of the famous Disney destinations in your own home. Build smaller scale versions of the things you want to see.
- Have a Disney Music Night and sing all your favourite Disney Songs.
- Recreate your favourite Disney movie scenes at home. Have a blast acting out everyone’s favourite Disney moments right in your own house.
- Decorate everything with Disney from top to bottom. Borrow some Disney items from friends if you have people willing to lend for your project, deck out the entire house like a Disney theme park. The kids will love it!
- Wear Disney themed clothing items at home or have even more fun and dress up in second hand or home made Disney costumes.
- Have a Fun Disney themed party. Find fantastic ideas online and make your own decorations and party food.
- Make Disney Ears. There are so many different ideas, from Mickey ears to Belle, to Aristocrats or maybe even Moana Mickey Ears. Check out my tutorial for Moana ears on youtube.
So, are you ready to start planning a Disney staycation of your own now? It’s really easy, especially if you already have a lot of Disney themed stuff lying around. It’s also a lot of fun and you can get the whole family involved in the process.