Are you a fan of Princess Merida from the Disney movie Brave? If so you will love to make this super cute and fun Merida paper craft and ornament. We love to share paper crafts and easy ornament ideas here on Craft Play Learn and I’m sure you will love this fun and free template! Enjoy!
How Old Is Princess Merida
Merida is a brave and strong 16 year old princess and lives in Scotland with her father King Fergus and mother Queen Elinor. Merida is the 11th Disney Princess. For more Disney Princess crafts visit our Belle, Cinderella and Snow White crafts here.
Supplies / Keyword
RELATED POST: DISNEY TOY STORY ALIEN CRAFT
How To Make This Merida Craft
Begin by downloading your free Merida template. Be sure to follow the instructions and print out the template on the different colored card stock.
Once the Merida pieces are cut out they are ready to be glued together. Cutting and gluing is a fantastic activity for kids.
Add glue to the Mickey ears and the trim of Merida’s dress. Next sprinkle red and gold glitter onto the paper craft to create Merida’s red hair and gold trim coat.
You can add string to the back of your Merida paper craft to make it into an ornament. Add to your tree or decorate in the home.
This is a great Disney themed craft and you could even make a whole lot of these to create a garland for a party!
Download Your Free Merida Template Here
Circus Clown Cupcakes
These Circus cupcakes are a fantastic and fun idea for kids or for a circus themed party
- Before decorating, ensure that the cupcakes are cooled down completely.
- The butter, confectioners’ sugar and milk are the ingredients that make up the buttercream. Place all three in a large bowl and beat using an electric mixer.
- Be sure to start the speed on low and increase to high.
- Once the ingredients are well-combined and form semi-stiff peaks, the buttercream is complete.
- Using an offset spatula, frost each cupcake with a thin layer of buttercream.
- Roll out the green fondant so that it’s about ¼ of an inch thick.
- Use the circular cookie cutter to cut out 12 green fondant circles.
- Cover each cupcake with one fondant circle.
- Divide the yellow fondant into 12 one-inch spheres. Shape each one into a cone.
- Roll out the light purple fondant and the blue fondant so that they’re each about ¼ of an inch thick.
- Using the tip of Wilton #12, cut out 12 small circles of blue and purple fondant.
- Stick one of each color on the yellow fondant cones.
- Insert a toothpick into the center of each cupcake and then insert the yellow cone.
- Insert another toothpick into each cone, having a small portion of the toothpick poke through the top.
- Roll out 6 spheres of purple fondant and 6 spheres blue fondant - about ½ an inch in size each.
- Insert one sphere on top of each cone (the tip of the toothpick will help keep it secure).
- Scoop the remaining buttercream into a small piping bag with Wilton tip #101 attached.
- Using a back and forth motion, frost the circumference of the bottom of each fondant cone.
- Serve and enjoy!
You may also enjoy the following Mickey Disney Ear Crafts:
Disney Lady And The Tramp Craft
Disney Cruella De Vill Ears Craft
Leave a Reply