Let’s celebrate this holiday season with unique dessert recipes that your kids will love to enjoy the preparation time. This Christmas, make your kids involved with you in the kitchen and prepare a delicious batch of brownies. Chummys Bakery delivers brownies, which are one of the most desirable treats that everyone wants to bake or order online. So, if you are the one who wants to bake a batch of delicious brownies for kids with a special twist, then here you go!
Today, we have picked a classic brownie recipe that will make your kids enjoy the time of baking and learn techniques from mixing batter to maintain the oven temperature.
Ingredients For A Classic Style Christmas Brownie:
Things you will need to make a smooth brownie batter include:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large size whole eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Our special twist on Christmas celebrations:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 large whole egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Red or green food color
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Sprinkles of your choice.
Follow The Instructions To Bake Brownies:
Step 1: Turn on your oven to preheat:
- Set up the temperature to 350 F (175 C) to preheat the oven.
- Take out the baking pan (9×13″), or you can also take a parchment paper, and give it a nice grease.
Step 2: Start preparing the brownie batter:
- Take a large mixing bowl and add melted butter with sugar.
- Combine the butter and sugar mixture with eggs (add 1 egg at a time and give a nice mix), and mix everything together.
- Now, add vanilla extract.
- Here, you will need a separate bowl to combine the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Now, carefully add these dry ingredients to the wet ingredients (butter, sugar, and egg mixture), and combine everything to become a smooth batter.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and get a nice fold into the batter.
Step 3: Our special twist on Christmas brownies:
- Take a separate mixing bowl, and beat cream cheese until it gets softened and smooth in texture.
- Gradually add the egg, sugar, and peppermint extract and combine all of them well with the help of an electric beater or whisker.
- Now, take two separate bowls and divide the cream cheese mixture into each bowl equally.
- Add green food color to one part and red food color to the other, making a more festive Christmas effect.
Step 4: Step ahead to the assembly part:
- Pour the brownie batter (half) into the prepared parchment sheet/baking pan.
- Put a spoonful of the green and red cream cheese mixture on top.
- With the help of a knife, create a swirl design, and blend the cream cheese mixture with the brownie batter.
- Pour the other half of the brownie batter into the top of the swirled mixture.
- Repeat the process of swirl pattern with the other half of the cream cheese mixture.
Step 5: It’s time to bake:
- As you already set up the oven to preheat, now put the baking pan inside and bake it for around 25 to 30 minutes.
- Or check with a toothpick and put the toothpick inside the baked brownie; if it comes out clean, the brownie is ready; if not, then bake it for an extra 5 minutes.
- Once the brownies are ready completely, give them some time to cool down on a rack before cutting. Then, cut them into squares.
Tips to Add Extra Festive Charm:
- Colorful celebration toppings: You can decorate your holiday celebration cupcakes with crushed festive sprinkles, candy canes, or powdered sugar to add a festive touch.
- Peppermint extract: It is very easy to make a peppermint extract drizzle by mixing powdered sugar, milk, and peppermint extract together to create a syrup that adds an extra touch of flavor as well as a visual appeal.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream: You can’t go wrong when pairing warm Christmas brownies with vanilla or peppermint ice cream during the holidays.
Enjoy Christmas Baking Time With Your Kids
Your kids will surely love you more when you keep them engaged with you in the kitchen. Baking brownies with kids is the best way to keep them remembering the holiday season’s charm and excitement.
- Colorful and engaging: Colorful and fun: The bright red and green swirls create an aesthetically pleasing treat that’s not only fun to eat but also unforgettable to look at.
- Festive and unique flavors: These brownies taste like they were made for a holiday celebration because peppermint extract gives extra flavor. With our special twist, your kids can enjoy something unique at home without visiting stores or expensive restaurants.
- Interactions with each other: Make swirl patterns in the kitchen with the kids – it’s fun and creative. Kids will love to be involved with such kinds of activities at home with their parents.
- Sharing is caring: A perfect homemade gift or to share during festive gatherings, Christmas brownies make great holiday treats.
Enjoy This Easy Chocolate Brownie Recipe
The holiday season is the perfect time to indulge in homemade treats that embody the spirit of the season. Christmas brownies are a delicious holiday dessert with swirls of festive colors and delicious flavors. Take some time to reflect on the true magic of these scrumptious brownies as you embark on this culinary journey with your kids. Wishing you a happy holiday!