Here we have another childhood favorite and classic song. BINGO has been around for generations and it never ceases to amaze me how much a child can learn from just one song. This song has many uses for educational benefits.
- Students will be able to identify the letter B and its corresponding sound.
- Students will be able to read the song from left to right.
- Students will be able to spell and read the word BINGO
- Students will be able to identify rhyming words.
Lessons and Activities the BINGO Song
Below, are a list of lessons and activities you can do along with this song. This is a great way to build on literacy skills.
- Point out that the word BINGO starts with the letter B. Introduce the letter B and its corresponding sound. Take a walk around the school or playground and look for other things that begin with the letter B. Use our Free Alphabet Worksheets to practice recognizing and writing the letter B.
- Have students sing the song with the printable song lyrics in front of them. This will build reading confidence and allow students to put words to the song. The more a child is able to read a repetitive song, the more confidence they will build in early reading. Additionally, students will learn that reading is done from left to right.
- Obviously in singing the song, students will learn that B-I-N-G-O spells BINGO. Encourage students by asking how do you spell BINGO when the song is over.
- Talk about rhyming words. Have students look at how they made name-o rhyme with BINGO. See if they can come up with funny words that rhyme.
The BINGO Song Lyrics And Words
Here are the words to the song, there was a farmer had a dog.
There was a farmer had a dog,
and Bingo was his name-o
and bingo was his name-o