Teaching the alphabet can be super fun! In fact there are so many fun Alphabet activities that you can teach preschool kids. Music is a great way to teach children the alphabet. It helps them to learn to say the basic sounds of each letter.
Have Fun Teaching The Alphabet Song
You may want to create alphabet cards or even use some alphabet magnets or images to help kids learn to recognise the shapes of the alphabet as they sing. You can teach children the Alphabet song at home and in the preschool setting. Music is a fun way for little ones to learn.
I’ll share some fantastic ideas for teaching kids the alphabet further on in this post. Check out our free Alphabet worksheets. These could go nicely with this!
The Alphabet Song Lyrics
Here are the words for the ABC Alphabet Song.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Now I know my ABC’s next time won’t you sing with me.
Teaching Kids The Alphabet Through Music
Teaching the alphabet through music is a fantastic idea and you may want to find and or make your own resources to do this.
So How Do You Make Learning The Alphabet Letters Fun?
Here are some fun ideas for making learning the alphabet fun!
- Create foam letters to hold up as the kids sing the alphabet song.
- Teach different versions of the alphabet song. For example you may want to teach the Sesame Street alphabet song or the phonics alphabet song. These are two popular alphabet songs for teaching the sounds of each letter.
- Create a simple letter box, where the you post Upper case letters into one box and Lower case letters into another.
- Maybe even explore the alphabet while baking or when using play-dough. You can find a fantastic play-doh recipe here for creating different letters with the kids.
- You might want to buy an Alphabet book to read to the kids at mat time or at home alongside your singing session. One of my favourite books is Alphabet Animals At Bedtime by Aaron Adams
Download The ABC Alphabet Song Printable Here
You could also try teaching kids the alphabet using this Alphabet letter chart with matching tiles. It’s fun and free and simple to use.