Dr Seuss Cat In The Hat Treats
Today Sylvia and I are sharing a tutorial, how to make Dr Seuss Cat In The Hat Treats. As you may have noticed we have been really enjoying choosing a book and finding fun activity ideas to complete based on stories we love.
I really love the story Cat In The Hat by Dr Seuss. Dr Seuss has always been a favourite children’s author of mine and I love his nonsense and the way his words rhyme.
And sally and I
did not know what to do.
so we had to shake hands
with Thing One and Thing Two.
we shook their two hands.
but our fish said, ‘no! no!
those Things should not be
in this house! make them go!
they should not be here
when your mother is not!
put them out! put them out!’
said the fish in the pot.
Here are the ingredients needed and instructions for creating your own Dr Seuss Cat In The Hat Treats.
Cat In The Hat Ingredients
Vanilla Wafer Cookies or Jaffa Cakes
White Chocolate Candy Melts
Red Gummy Sweets
2. Dip each cookie or Jaffa cake until fully coated. Lay the Jaffa Cakes or cookies on a lined baking tray.
3. Place one red gummy treat on top of each Jaffa cake. Refrigerate for about 5 minutes.
4. Using the extra melted chocolate, put a dot of white chocolate on a candy disc and set on top of the red gummy treat on each Jaffa cake. Refrigerate for another 5 minutes.
5. Repeat these steps alternating between the red gummy sweets and white chocolate candy melts until each cookie has 2 candy discs and 3 red gummy’s, the third gummy being the top of the hat.
6. The final step is to enjoy your Cat In The Hat Treats. These would be a great treat at a Dr Seuss themed party of fabulous to make as part of a family activity to extend your child’s interest in literacy.
We hope you enjoyed our tutorial,
Angela and Sylvia x
Join The Inspiration Edit
Subscribe to get the latest posts, exclusive content and freebies from The Inspiration Edit